Monday, November 5, 2007

Novels, pre-marital sex, live-in relationships, language 4 Christains

I jus came across ur mail and thought of answering it in my way of thinking. Before that lemme say that I’m not a person of any sort of authority to answer this. I’d been with the Jesus Youth for quite long and it was from a point of absolute no faith in God that I learned to acknowledge Him. Though I tried to follow Bible, by which I realized the truthfulness of Bible, initially it was hard to believe in God as I wanted reasons for everything. And still following Jesus, though not accepting Him, revealed lot of things. And being still far, far away, I, in no ways claim what I say to be right spiritually. For a more spiritual and more accurate answer you may check out with someone who’s standing real close to God. This I write jus for you to give a thought, and you may correct me if I’m wrong too.

For your first question about novels of murder mistery and romantic, I’d prefer to say that there’s nothing wrong as far as it doesn’t control you. I used to listen to rock songs and I still listen to it once in a while as far as it doesn’t have any mention against God, even if it’s a band branded as devil worshippers. My dad used to tell me that I’ll become mad if I listen to all such scraps. And maybe cus of that I was well aware not to let myself be a slave. I was always aware of what I was doing. I guess the same bodes well for novels too. I don’t have the habit of reading and I cannot give my experience about it. But I guess murder mysteries are those that will enhance your way of reasoning, thereby improving your IQ. Cus most of the movies and stuff like that has helped me a lot in logical thinking, I believe.

Romantic novels are okay as I believe that it will let you be romantic in your relationship with your life partner. I often wondered, and one of the very reason why I always said no to Jesus Youth proposals was cus I was afraid of marrying a holy girl thinking what will happen if I approach her in a romantic mood and suddenly she saying, “praise the Lord, let’s pray.” And girls, though not everyone, but majority of them are too bad in being romantic, and it’s the knowledge from such novels I guess one will gain knowledge on such matters as there are no special classes for it. But one should try to understand the partner too, as otherwise it will lead to doubts that he/she’s got prior experience.

I was thinking that pre-marital sex and live-in relationships are okay, though I kept away from it only due to my family background, as many of my friends were indulged in it. I used to think that they know each other and if they have no problems in it then what is wrong. But later I realized that it is wrong as per Christian faith as it is given in Bible not to indulge in it. Just now I ran a check and got this worse: “If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death.” - Deuteronomy 22:20,21. It speaks about virginity. And live in relationship I feel is wrong cus otherwise there’ll be no meaning in marriage. And marriage is the only sacrament that unites a man and women. And Bible clearly states the importance of marriage and the importance of virginity until marriage.

I don’t thin it’s wrong for a Christian to use the word “sexy,” unless it’s offending someone. Few girl at times call me so, and though I use it very, very rarely, I believe there’s nothing wrong in it. But it all depends on the environment. If it’s between people who know each other well, then there’s no problem. I believe firmly that such words are not supposed to be used everywhere and always, cus most of them find it offending.

And above all, it all depends upon the way you look at things as well as your environment, except for the pre-marital sex and live-in relationships. We cannot say something is wrong unless the circumstance and motive is considered. So it’s wisdom one needs, to be on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments on the blog: